Dr. José Manuel Martín Herrero
- PhD in Communication, Advertising and Public Relations, Complutense University of Madrid
- Master in Political and Business Communication, Camilo José Cela University
- Master in Digital Marketing, Aula CM
- Master in Creativity and TV Scripts, Rey Juan Carlos University
- Degree in Audiovisual Communication, Complutense University of Madrid
Areas of Interest
- Reputation, image and intangible management
- Responsible business communication
- Accessibility and disability
- Innovation in communication
Dr. José Manuel Martín Herrero is a researcher at Faculty of Information Science (Complutense University of Madrid), where he carries out his PhD thesis on the image of disability, its historical evolution and its presence in the Spanish political and parliamentary discourse. He has a degree in Audiovisual Communication (Complutense University of Madrid), Master’s degree in Political and Business Communication (Camilo José Cela University of Madrid), Master’s degree in Digital Marketing from Aula CM and a Master’s degree in Creativity and TV Scripts (Rey Juan Carlos University of Madrid).
Martín Herrero has more than 10 years of experience in media and institutional and business communication management. He is currently Social Media Manager of ILUNION business group, where he also manages the external communication of ILUNION Facility Services. Previously, he was responsible for Communication of Almaraz City Council, a Spanish medium municipality that houses two nuclear reactors, where he also coordinated the Social Responsibility actions and was responsible for the communication of the “International Curiex 2013 simulation”, which had the participation of five countries and the European institutions
He has been a weekly columnist for three years of “El Periódico de Extremadura”, writing about politics and news and collaborator of different radio stations such as “Canal Extremadura Radio”, “COPE Campo Arañuelo” and “Onda Cero Navalmoral”.
He is a specialist in reputation and intangible management, public image and narrative discourse; and his research is focused on the field of communication, accessibility, disability and responsible corporate management.
In the field of education, he has been a contributor to several subjects at Faculty of information science (Complutense University of Madrid) where he has contributed his current vision of media and institutional communication. In addition, he teaches courses and seminars in institutions and companies on digital marketing, communication, accessibility and corporate responsibility.”
Articles in Journals
- Articles of the weekly column ‘Interferencias’ at El Periódico Extremadura. Available in https://www.elperiodicoextremadura.com/autores/jose-manuel-martin-herrero_8.htmlResearch Documents
- Martín Herrero, José Manuel (2015). Imagen negativa de la energía nuclear en España. Características, causas y soluciones de futuro de la industria energética en las relaciones sociales. Universidad Camilo José Cela. Madrid