Dr. Juan Manuel García Camús
- Doctor in Statistics and Operations Research. Rey Juan Carlos University (URJC).
- Master in Engineering of the Decision. Rey Juan Carlos University (URJC).
- Advanced Studies Diploma (DEA) in Chemical Engineering. Rey Juan Carlos University (URJC).
- B.A. Polytechnic University of Madrid.
- Master in Hydrogen, Fuel Cells and Superconductors. Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas (CSIC).
- Master in Engineering and Environmental Management. Escuela de Organización Industrial (EOI).
- Bachelor in Chemistry. Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (UAM).
- Application of mathematical and statistical methods to the quality and improvement of production methods.
- Decision making in organizations.
- Application of agile methodologies (Scrum, Lean Startup) with the incorporation of statistical methods and 6 Sigma methodologies to the management.
Juan Manuel García Camús holds a PhD in Statistics and Operational Research from the URJC (extraordinary doctorate award). Bachelor in Chemistry by the UAM, is holder of the Diploma of Advanced Studies in Chemical Engineering by the URJC. He also studied an MBA from the UPM.
He began his professional career in a wastewater treatment engineering company, later joining the Center for Industrial Technological Development (CDTI). Later he worked as project coordinator within the division of industrial plants in a British multinational. For 15 years, he has been working at the Rey Juan Carlos University, in management tasks in the areas of Technology-Based Companies and in the European Projects Office.
Dr. García Camús is approved by the School of Industrial Organization (EOI) as a consultant in management of intangibles and strategic consulting.
He combines his work of management, with teaching and research activities. He has been a professor in the department of applied mathematics at the Higher School of Engineering and Technology of the International University of La Rioja (UNIR) and associate professor in the statistics department of the Carlos III University of Madrid (UC3M). He is a regular speaker in different courses and seminars.
His research activity focuses on the application of mathematical and statistical methods to the quality and improvement of production methods, and on energy issues, with emphasis on the hydrogen vector and fuel cells. He has participated in 16 projects, of which three of them are international and is co-inventor of a utility model, currently marketed.
He has also participated as an evaluator of different European programs (INCO, EACI, FP7) and as a member of the first panel of external evaluators for the implementation of the Human Resource Strategy for Researchers (HRS4R) strategy.
On the other hand, Dr. García Camús is a member of the governing group of the Spanish Technological Platform for Hydrogen and Fuel Cells (PTE HPC) and has been a member of the Steering Committee of the Spanish Hydrogen Association. He has also served as representative of the Community of Madrid for the HYCO ERA NET and before the Sector Group Intelligent Energy on behalf of the Community of Madrid.
Articles in Research Journals
- “A Scrum-based methodology for new product development in the non-software industry”. Journal of Engineering and Technology Management, 2017.
- “Platform for promoting a hydrogen economy in southwest Europe: the Hyrreg project”. International journal of hydrogen energy, 2013.
- “Hydrogen energy”. International journal of hydrogen energy, 2012.
- “The Chemical Industry and the Eureka Programme”. Química e Industria, 1998.
- “Liquid biofuels: biodiesel and bioethanol”. M-44826-2006.
- “Approach to the REACH Regulation: registration, evaluation and authorization of chemical substances”. M-51.491-2007.
- “Key technologies for energy in Europe”. M-550-3471-3.
- Hydrogen and fuel cells in Spain”. Spanish technological platform of Hydrogen and Fuel Cells.
- “Catalog of technology profiles”. SE-2772-2010.
- “Generating a platform of cooperation projects for the promotion of the hydrogen economy in the European Sudoe international project Hyrreg “. APPICE, 2010. 978-84-693-2330-4.
- “Coordinated action plan on hydrogen technologies and fuel cells (PACH2)”. APPICE, 2006. 84-690-1309-2.
- “Hydrogen economy in southwest Europe”. World hydrogen energy conference – WHEC, 2010. 978-3-89336-655-2.