PhD. Tomás Arévalo Fernández
- 1994 - Ph.D. in Chemical Sciences (Esp. Chemical Engineering). Complutense University of Madrid. Cum Laude
- 1990 - Master in Business Administration (Executive M.B.A.) at Business Institute in Madrid. B+
- 1981 - Degree in Chemical Sciences (Chemical Engineering), Faculty of Chemical Sciences, Complutense University of Madrid. Excellent mark.
Areas of Expertise
- Responsible for Hazardous Chemical Waste Management.
- Project management and supervision
- Commercial management and customer relations
- Technical energy solutions
He has developed his professional career in different companies, especially in the field of Strategic Consultancy in Enterprise Risk Management. Since he started his professional career, has held the position of Production Manager at Minas of Almadén and Arrayanes (1982-1988) and Product Manager at Exxon Chemical International, part of Exxon Co. (1988-1991).
On the other hand, he has been Manager of the Management Consultancy Department at Coopers & Lybrand, S.A. in the area of management and supervision of Environmental Management Consultancy projects. Also, a Senior Manager in the Global Risk Management Department at Price Waterhouse Coopers. He managed the direction and supervision of projects to improve the management of clients' technological risks. Managing strategy redefinition projects for local government and Business Organisations. Leading multidisciplinary teams. He has been director of the Technological Risks Division at ITSEMAP, MAPFRE Group, which was in charge of Industrial Safety, Sustainability Strategy, and Environmental Risk Management in both the Public and Private sectors. He was also Manager of Business Development of strategic environmental and energy consultancy in MATCHMIND, S.L. in charge of Commercial Management and relationship with clients with the highest probability of environmental accidents. Project management. Development of risk assessment methodologies and their coverage.
For the last 10 years, he has held the position of Partner-Director in SLOGA INGENIEROS SL, offering clients technical energy solutions. This company is focused on minimizing pollution, promoting energy efficiency, reducing product loss, spills and leaks, and driving technological innovation in the fields of environment and energy efficiency. And EU Expert in IBATECH as Hazardous Chemical Waste Management Manager for 8 countries of the African Atlantic Rim and Tunisia. CBRN 35 Project (EU).
He has also worked as Production Manager at Minas de Almadén and Arrayanes (1982-1988) and Product Manager at Exxon Chemical International, part of the Exxon Co. Group (1988-1991).
- “Evaluation of environmental damage: the need for further progress in the development of assessment tools”. Tomás Arévalo Fernández. Risk management and insurance, ISSN 0213-4314, Year 23, Nº. 95, 2006 (Issue dedicated to Climate change), pp. 29-39.
- “Environmental risk management: a key factor in business decisions”. Tomás Arévalo Fernández. The city of Miranda de Ebro and the environment: summer courses 2002, Miranda de Ebro (Burgos), 22-26 July / coord. by Juan Manuel Bustillo Núñez, 2002, ISBN 84-95211-63-7, pp. 77-86.
- “Waste minimisation: a tool for improving the competitiveness of companies”. Tomás Arévalo Fernández. 2a. Conferència Internacional sobre Minimització de Residus i Producció Neta, Barcelona, 7, 8 i 9 de juny de 1995, Vol. 3, 1995, p. 56.
- “Environmental Risk Management: a key factor in business decisions”. Tomás Arévalo Fernández. . Mapfre seguridad, ISSN 0212-1050, Year No. 21, No. 84, 2001, pp. 31-38.
Presentations and Conferences:
- Speaker and instructor at more than 100 conferences, courses, and seminars. Over the last few years, these have focused on the field of Environmental Responsibility and its economic and social impact in the field of Corporate Responsibility.
- APD, IIR, 1st Master in Environmental Management of Portugal, Master in Environmental Management of San Sebastian, Biodiversity Foundation, E.O.I, COEPA, UCLAM, MAPFRE Foundation, (University of Santos and Confederation of Brazilian Businessmen (Brazil), Venezuela, Bolivia, Colombia, Argentina, etc). UNIVERSITIES of Morocco, Tunisia, Mauritania, Senegal, Ivory Coast, Togo, Gabon, and Liberia.
- 1994 - Faculty of CC. Chemistry, Complutense University of Madrid. Doctoral thesis "La Tostación del Cinabrio con Oxido del Calcio" (The roasting of cinnabar with calcium oxide) with a grade of "cum laude by unanimity". The experience carried out in the University-Company field.
- 1981 - Faculty of CC. Chemistry, Complutense University of Madrid. Dissertation: "The deactivation of zinc oxide in the dehydration of alcohols" with a distinction.