The “The strategic management of internal communication in organizations” course, analyses the integration of internal communication in companies from its beginnings to its transformation into a corporate strategy, focused on two-way communication between management and employees. Learn the best practices for organizing and managing information flows to deal with crises in an organization and achieve better development of talent and performance.
In this CMI course, you will develop skills in an intensive way. All contents are based on the latest trends and have been developed by Dr. Cristóbal Táuler San Miguel, a research professor at CMI Business School, an expert in Responsible Communication and People Management.
“The strategic management of internal communication in organizations” emphasizes the student’s global experience and development. To do so, it implements a specialized methodology and a study plan made up of four theoretical modules, review and self-assessment exercises for each unit, a case method, and comprehensive self-assessment with personalized tutorials and continuous feedback from the professor.
Learn to understand the information flows within the company, diagnose the state of internal communication and generate a plan to manage it in order to obtain the objectives and results expected by the organization.
- Discover the origin, evolution, and current trends of internal communication and its competitive advantages.
- Learn to develop an internal communication plan.
- Acquire the necessary skills to manage internal communication in organizations.
- Know the type of business crises and communication errors in critical situations.
- Learn good communication practices in crisis management and elaborate the Crisis Management Plan.
Silvia Egea Bas
For more information about CMI Courses, you can fill in this form and we shall contact you as soon as possible.